Ignatian Prayers & Teachings
The mission of St. Francis Xavier’s Adult Spirituality Program is to expand our vibrant community by promoting and fostering the spirituality of St. Ignatius of Loyola. Our Adult Spirituality Program offers group and individual prayer and retreat experiences throughout the year.
What is Ignatian Spirituality?
Ignatian spirituality is a spirituality for everyday life. It insists that God is present in our world and active in our lives. It is a pathway to deeper prayer, good decisions guided by keen discernment, and an active life of service to others.St. Ignatius wrote the Spiritual Exercise and Daily Examen as a way of helping each of deepen our relationship with God. Learn more about the Spiritual Exercises here.
St. Francis Xavier’s Adult Spirituality Team
St. Ignatius wrote the Spiritual Exercises as a layman and Ignatian Spirituality belongs to everyone. The Adult Spirituality Team at St. Francis Xavier Parish is made up of parish staff, members of our faith community, and our Jesuit priests.
The Adult Faith Formation Team has activities scheduled for days, evenings, and weekends throughout the year. Both English and Spanish speaking volunteers are needed to host, lead, and help coordinate the many programs the Adult Faith Formation office will be offering this year.
Some ways you can volunteer to assist the Adult Faith Formation Team:
- Be a host/hostess for one of our speaker’s series (The Jesuit Book Corner/ Scripture Studies). In this position, you will greet and welcome participants to the program, introduce the guest speaker, and distribute and collect program evaluations.
- Lead one of our prayer groups (materials provided).
- Work with Valley Interfaith on programs.
- Work on the planning team for Advent and Lenten retreats; help coordinate events.
- Assist with organizing and overseeing Ministry Sunday.