Sacramental Preparation Overview
Welcome to the St. Francis Xavier Children and Youth Faith Formation programs. We are excited to assist you and your child on this journey toward a deeper personal relationship with Christ and His Church. Ignatian Spirituality calls us to be lifelong learners of our faith. St. Francis Xavier Parish provides multiple programs to help us answer this call:
Ignatian Family Faith Formation
St. Francis Xavier community recognizes parents as the main leaders in transmitting their faith in the lives of their children. SFX Parish is here to accompany and guide parents with their children to a relationship with God through prayer and action.
The Ignatian Family Faith Formation program will be implemented in our community. It is our desire to enable families in our SFX community, to explore the richness of our faith as a united family, and to support parents as they carry the message and teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ accepting the demands of discipleship in their daily lives and as active members of the Catholic Church.
Registration for 2023-2024 will open on June 1. You can register online or in person at the parish office.
Las inscripciones para 2023-2024 se abrirán el 1 de junio. Se puede inscribir en línea o en persona en la oficina parroquial.
Who can participate in Faith Formation at St. Francis Xavier?
Faith Formation classes are open to registered active parishioners and individuals.
In order to be considered a registered, active parishioner at St. Francis Xavier, you must meet the following requirements:
- Registered as a member of the parish for at least 3 months. This is different than the Faith Formation registration. A person can register with the parish on our website or at our front desk.
- Regular, weekly attendance at a weekend mass at St. Francis Xavier. This is shown by submitting envelopes at each mass or giving to the offertory online. Please know the amount of your gift is inconsequential. Please give your envelope, even if it is empty; this way we know you were at mass.
- Weekly attendance is required for all Faith Formation programs (IFFF, EDGE, Life Teen).
- 4 tardy (10 minutes late or more) equals 1 unexcused absence.
- 4 unexcused absences may result in a person not being able to complete their program and/or Sacraments.
- If you encounter an attendance issue, it is the responsibility of the adult/parent to contact the director.
- Parents of children preparing for the Sacraments must attend all parent Sacrament classes.
- Failure to do so may result in your child not receiving sacraments due to a lack of preparation.